Though 2010 saw Mark Morrison drop by the Booth with the dancehall-flavored Father Forgive Them, 2012’s non-featured IAmWhatIAm marked the English R&B vet’s first proper single since ‘06’s Innocent Man. Today, I’m proud to announce the return of the Mack (sorry, I couldn’t resist) to our pages with that joint’s official remix, featuring the lyrical stylings of a longtime Booth fave. Mark Sparks mans the boards on this version of the anthemic cut, expanding the original’s aural palette with 808s, swirling synths and a brand new chopped-n-screwed outro. Slaughterhouse lyricist Crooked I delivers a tenacious closing verse. Now that Mark Morrison’s back, are you craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of his next full-length, also titled I Am What I Am.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.