Though 2010 saw Mark Morrison drop by the Booth with the dancehall-flavored Father Forgive Them, 2012’s non-featured IAmWhatIAm marked the English R&B vet’s first proper single since ‘06’s Innocent Man. Today, I’m proud to announce the return of the Mack (sorry, I couldn’t resist) to our pages with that joint’s official remix, featuring the lyrical stylings of a longtime Booth fave. Mark Sparks mans the boards on this version of the anthemic cut, expanding the original’s aural palette with 808s, swirling synths and a brand new chopped-n-screwed outro. Slaughterhouse lyricist Crooked I delivers a tenacious closing verse. Now that Mark Morrison’s back, are you craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the currently-unscheduled arrival of his next full-length, also titled I Am What I Am.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
Mack Life Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Innocent Man ft. Mark Morrison" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.