Where were you ten years ago? You can probably recall your events on September 11, 2001, as if it were yesterday. I was in 8th grade and remember our teacher frantically telling students a “tragedy” had occurred: “America is under attack. The World Trade Center has been attacked. A second plane just hit!” Ten years later, I realize it’s one of those moments I’ll forever remember. Along with the Oklahoma City bombing and the Virginia Tech shootings, as these moments seemed to stand still. Today, Las Vegas emcee Marion Write provides us with The Sunlight, a haunting first-person account of the events that unfolded on that Tuesday morning. Write describes the day’s events from the perspective of an employee who’s stuck on the 106th floor considering what many were that day; either waiting to be rescued or finding a way to escape, even if it meant jumping out the window. Produced minimally but powerfully by Write’s colleague SB, The Sunlight is a stand-alone record meant to make you reflect on that day. So listen, think, and remember those that were lost.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/11/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.