Where were you ten years ago? You can probably recall your events on September 11, 2001, as if it were yesterday. I was in 8th grade and remember our teacher frantically telling students a “tragedy” had occurred: “America is under attack. The World Trade Center has been attacked. A second plane just hit!” Ten years later, I realize it’s one of those moments I’ll forever remember. Along with the Oklahoma City bombing and the Virginia Tech shootings, as these moments seemed to stand still. Today, Las Vegas emcee Marion Write provides us with The Sunlight, a haunting first-person account of the events that unfolded on that Tuesday morning. Write describes the day’s events from the perspective of an employee who’s stuck on the 106th floor considering what many were that day; either waiting to be rescued or finding a way to escape, even if it meant jumping out the window. Produced minimally but powerfully by Write’s colleague SB, The Sunlight is a stand-alone record meant to make you reflect on that day. So listen, think, and remember those that were lost.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/11/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.