After releasing DJBooth acclaimed singles Its My Time and Here We Go earlier this year, up-and-coming Las Vegas emcee Marion Write has decided to release his latest banger, The Bounce. For the production end of Bounce, Write brings along fellow Nevada native Bhonstro, who delivers a head-nodder of a beat that appropriately has plenty of percussive bounce layered over a pouncing organ line. On the mic Write shows off his great lyricism, finding ways to keep his high-caliber rhymes animated with lines like, “Silence in the skies except the roar from the engines / soarin over cities now I’m feelin like the Jetsons.” If this isn’t enough to get you moving in your seat you might want to check your pulse – even the comatose should get to bouncing once this record hits their headphones. While The Bounce didn’t make the cut for Write’s anticipated Flo Deep Music Group album, Illustrated Example, set to drop in early 2012, it should begin to build some serious buzz around the project. In the meantime, keep an ear out for more cutting room cuts to be released ahead of the Illustrated’s official single.
Written by Dillon White on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.