After releasing DJBooth acclaimed singles Its My Time and Here We Go earlier this year, up-and-coming Las Vegas emcee Marion Write has decided to release his latest banger, The Bounce. For the production end of Bounce, Write brings along fellow Nevada native Bhonstro, who delivers a head-nodder of a beat that appropriately has plenty of percussive bounce layered over a pouncing organ line. On the mic Write shows off his great lyricism, finding ways to keep his high-caliber rhymes animated with lines like, “Silence in the skies except the roar from the engines / soarin over cities now I’m feelin like the Jetsons.” If this isn’t enough to get you moving in your seat you might want to check your pulse – even the comatose should get to bouncing once this record hits their headphones. While The Bounce didn’t make the cut for Write’s anticipated Flo Deep Music Group album, Illustrated Example, set to drop in early 2012, it should begin to build some serious buzz around the project. In the meantime, keep an ear out for more cutting room cuts to be released ahead of the Illustrated’s official single.
Written by Dillon White on 08/29/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.