Playing the “here’s a track that didn’t make the cut for my album” game can be dangerous. Done right listeners are left thinking, “If this didn’t make it, the album must be incredible!” Done wrong, listeners are left thinking, “well, I won’t be checking out that album.” Marion Write’s so (deservedly) confident in his abilities that he’s more than happy to put himself, and his upcoming album Illustrated Example, on the line with new release Tell Me. Producer S.B. mans the boards here, delivering what has to be called a very Neptunes-esque beat filled with laid back piano and vibing percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Marion to get on his storytelling tip, laying down the tale of a young man who’s only mission is life is to lay down next to a certain female, laying down some serious lyrical game in the process: “I could see us in tune, like instruments in harmony.” If this cutting room floor joint has you geeked, prepare to lose your mind when Illustrated Example’s official lead single drops on January 2, followed by the entire album on January 31.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/12/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.