It’s indisputable. Marion Write‘s been killing it in the lead-up to his new, Booth-hosted full-length. As a matter of fact, he’s been doing it so big that, on the second official single off the project, the Vegas rhymesayer wonders if he shouldn’t Slow Down a little. Luckily, it’s nothing but idle speculation. The record itself finds the reader fave and freestyle series alum going just as hard as ever, lacing S.B.‘s understated string/piano production with tightly-wound trash-talk. Taking aim at his hating peers in the game, he fires off, “It’s fascinatin’, how you dissin’ your father / I’ll son these b*tches, have ‘em evaporating like water.” In between the headliner’s bruising verses, Brooklyn underground mainstay Skyzoo (also a freestyle alum) grabs the mic to deliver some picturesque lyrical fire of his own. Digging it? This self-assured banger is just the beginning of the dopeness to be found on Write’s Illustrated Example LP, set to hit our mixtape page for digital purchase later this month.
Written by richard on 01/24/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)