This one goes out to all Marion Write‘s Material Chicks. Though single females addicted to retail get a bad rap in hip-hop, the Vegas representative isn’t mad at ‘em—in fact, he’s got a lot of respect for a woman who works nine-to-five to look picture-perfect 24/7, even if that means giving up most of her paycheck. Making its world premiere in the Booth, the latest entry in Write’s weekly series of pre-album singles sees beat crew The Avengers serving up a glittering, piano-led live-band backdrop for bars chronicling the artist’s efforts to romance one such couture-clad bombshell. Guest vocalist M Wonder tops the record off with an appropriately luxuriant hook. Keep it locked to the Booth for another fresh song release each Tuesday leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of To Love and Conquer.
Written by richard on 10/2/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.