Eureka! After decades of experimentation, scientists have finally hit upon The Perfect Formula for hip-hop greatness: simply take hard-working Vegas representative (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) Marion Write, let him loose over a track by DJ Finyl, and voila: instant greatness. OK, maybe it isn’t that easy – regardless, Keep It Going should leave fans just as impressed as Write’s previous features. Finyl’s nostalgically smooth, soul-sampled boardwork sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hard work and personal growth. As usual, the artist shows wisdom beyond his years, leaving no doubt that he’s in the game for the right reason: “I’m spittin’ for the love of it, hustlin’ for my family / Not tryin’ to be the best but most impactful person rappin’ / I’m tryin to change lives, man…” If this cut is any indication, the emcee-producer duo’s forthcoming EP, The Goodness, will not only live up to but surpass its title; those who agree with my assessment should be sure and grab a copy come August 16.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.