Doomsday…um…“prophet”? Harold Camping obviously forgot about the scriptures mention of trumpets…how could anyone ever forget the trumpets? I swear, if the end of the world comes tomorrow, I want the angels to sound off like the horns in Marion Write‘s new It’s My Time. I’d be at the front of the Judgement Day line, getting down. The Las Vegas emcee brings the Prohibition Era to church with his latest uptempo single, offering hip-hop another clever rhymer who can also make feel good music. Write celebrates his new look on life through his introductory lyrics; even the beat announces a rapper no longer waiting for his turn on the scene, but one that has arrived as music production team Best Kept Secret blends original Go-Go drumlines with trumpets that take you back to 1920’s Chicago. Get ripped or rejoice, pick your poison because Marion Write is traveling the right way with this track. It’s My Time is featured off his debut album Illustrated Example, which is set to be released this summer.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/6/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.