Doomsday…um…“prophet”? Harold Camping obviously forgot about the scriptures mention of trumpets…how could anyone ever forget the trumpets? I swear, if the end of the world comes tomorrow, I want the angels to sound off like the horns in Marion Write‘s new It’s My Time. I’d be at the front of the Judgement Day line, getting down. The Las Vegas emcee brings the Prohibition Era to church with his latest uptempo single, offering hip-hop another clever rhymer who can also make feel good music. Write celebrates his new look on life through his introductory lyrics; even the beat announces a rapper no longer waiting for his turn on the scene, but one that has arrived as music production team Best Kept Secret blends original Go-Go drumlines with trumpets that take you back to 1920’s Chicago. Get ripped or rejoice, pick your poison because Marion Write is traveling the right way with this track. It’s My Time is featured off his debut album Illustrated Example, which is set to be released this summer.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/6/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.