Doomsday…um…“prophet”? Harold Camping obviously forgot about the scriptures mention of trumpets…how could anyone ever forget the trumpets? I swear, if the end of the world comes tomorrow, I want the angels to sound off like the horns in Marion Write‘s new It’s My Time. I’d be at the front of the Judgement Day line, getting down. The Las Vegas emcee brings the Prohibition Era to church with his latest uptempo single, offering hip-hop another clever rhymer who can also make feel good music. Write celebrates his new look on life through his introductory lyrics; even the beat announces a rapper no longer waiting for his turn on the scene, but one that has arrived as music production team Best Kept Secret blends original Go-Go drumlines with trumpets that take you back to 1920’s Chicago. Get ripped or rejoice, pick your poison because Marion Write is traveling the right way with this track. It’s My Time is featured off his debut album Illustrated Example, which is set to be released this summer.
Listen to More: Marion Write
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/6/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.