On August’s PRAY, a street-oriented cut intended to put the fear of God into the Vegas rhymesayer’s adversaries, Marion Write gave us a foretaste of the “Conquer” half of his forthcoming street album. Now for the “Love.” The latest in a series of weekly releases leading up to the set’s arrival, I’d Rather Be With You, Yesterday finds the Sin City rhymesayer sifting through memories of a relationship cut tragically short. Over The Avengers’ sampling of Bootsy Collins’ I’d Rather be With You, the Booth fave admits that he still thinks constantly about the woman in question, but insists, “No pain, I gave it all to God like Jesus” Fans will be able to find this poignant banger and much more on Write’s To Love and Conquer LP, scheduled for digital release October 23. In the meantime, watch for Marion to release a brand new record off the project each Tuesday leading up to the set’s arrival.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.