The last time I wrote a review on Marion Write, it was the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks. The Sunlight was a pretty heavy introduction to Marion’s work so I couldn’t help but be impressed by his versatility when I heard his banging new single How to Fly, making its world premiere tonight on The DJBooth. Produced by DJ Finyl, How to Fly is a head-nodding and bluesy sample driven instrumental which inspires Marion to go into detail, giving us a lyrically Fly demonstration that would even impress the Wright brothers. Featuring fellow Vegas rapper S-U-Preme, both emcees take turns letting the listener know just what weapons they’re holding in their arsenal – “Jon Travolta these youngins and rip they face off” - and just what they need to be comfortable while high altitude cruising. So if you’ve been wanting to know what it takes to beef up your A-game, press play and jot down some notes from Write on today’s work, then be sure to cop his new album, Illustrated Example, when it drops this Tuesday via The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/29/12
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.