Here We Go again. Just like Field of the Dollar, World Turned No Love and nearly everything else the Las Vegas fast riser has dropped on the Booth, new single Here We Go is pure quality. That kind of consistency would almost be boring – if it didn’t sound so damn good. Production duo Two3 (Write and Jeremiah Spencer) completely flip the jazzy style Write exhibited on the aforementioned World Turned, here instead building a beat around some sharply banging live percussion that demands head nodding. On the mic the Freestyle Alum backs that sonic template with some more aggressive bars than we’re used to hearing, wasting no time letting the world know just how determined he is to leave haters crushed beneath his boots: “See me come up then my warm up in a time-lapse / and when I blow up you gonna know it like it’s Iraq.” While Here We Go is being released as a free agent, be sure to keep an eye out for Write’s upcoming album, Illustrated Example, dropping sometime this summer. In the meantime, you know where to keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.