Here We Go again. Just like Field of the Dollar, World Turned No Love and nearly everything else the Las Vegas fast riser has dropped on the Booth, new single Here We Go is pure quality. That kind of consistency would almost be boring – if it didn’t sound so damn good. Production duo Two3 (Write and Jeremiah Spencer) completely flip the jazzy style Write exhibited on the aforementioned World Turned, here instead building a beat around some sharply banging live percussion that demands head nodding. On the mic the Freestyle Alum backs that sonic template with some more aggressive bars than we’re used to hearing, wasting no time letting the world know just how determined he is to leave haters crushed beneath his boots: “See me come up then my warm up in a time-lapse / and when I blow up you gonna know it like it’s Iraq.” While Here We Go is being released as a free agent, be sure to keep an eye out for Write’s upcoming album, Illustrated Example, dropping sometime this summer. In the meantime, you know where to keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/7/11
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.