Is Vegas on the come-up? It’s probably too early to speculate, but, after watching the number of Sin City-repping rappers on the Booth’s radar increase from zilch to deuce over the span of one month, it’s hard not to wonder if something’s brewing in the L.V. Though Def Jam signee Mr. Finley‘s first feature earned a more-than-respectable 3.5-star average, it was Marion Write‘s Everybody Move that really caught readers’ attention, netting a spectacular 4.5. Now, the Vegas/Virginia Beach representative is back to repeat that success with So Into Me, a new single dedicated to an enchanting, but indecisive female. Over SB‘s ritzy, late-night instrumental, the rapper comes with more of the expressive (but always laid-back) rhymes that made his first feature a Booth smash, and fellow L.V. resident Theorian completes the picture with a chilled-out R&B hook. Whether or not the artist manages to win over that special lady, this cut will doubless deepen readers’ infatuation with the up-and-comer. If you’re into Marion Write, you won’t want to miss his Epilogue to Greatness mixtape, set to drop August 21.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.