Is Vegas on the come-up? It’s probably too early to speculate, but, after watching the number of Sin City-repping rappers on the Booth’s radar increase from zilch to deuce over the span of one month, it’s hard not to wonder if something’s brewing in the L.V. Though Def Jam signee Mr. Finley‘s first feature earned a more-than-respectable 3.5-star average, it was Marion Write‘s Everybody Move that really caught readers’ attention, netting a spectacular 4.5. Now, the Vegas/Virginia Beach representative is back to repeat that success with So Into Me, a new single dedicated to an enchanting, but indecisive female. Over SB‘s ritzy, late-night instrumental, the rapper comes with more of the expressive (but always laid-back) rhymes that made his first feature a Booth smash, and fellow L.V. resident Theorian completes the picture with a chilled-out R&B hook. Whether or not the artist manages to win over that special lady, this cut will doubless deepen readers’ infatuation with the up-and-comer. If you’re into Marion Write, you won’t want to miss his Epilogue to Greatness mixtape, set to drop August 21.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.