Considering the city’s high crime rates and reputation as the “big ballin’” capital of the world, you’d expect Las Vegas to breed plenty of big-name hip-hop artists, but, for whatever reason, that isn’t the case. Marion Write, a dual Sin City/Virginia Beach native who reps Vegas’ positive side, is looking to change that. On this newly-released mixtape cut, the emcee asks that Everybody Move and vibe to his new-school sound. Fellow up-and-comer Nique chips in a middle verse, but the highlight here is Write‘s up-tempo, Kanye-inspired beat, centered around a sample from College Dropout track Two Words. Everybody Move is the perfect soundtrack to a leisurely cruise among the bright city lights—those digging this track are sure to find more to their liking on Marion Write’s Epilogue to Greatness mixtape, set to hit the net August 21st.
Written by Burmy on 07/23/09
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Into Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.