If Booth fave Marion Write‘s been a little combative lately, it’s for a damn good reason: as a prodigiously talented up-and-comer hustling to secure his place in the game, he’s got no shortage of rivals itching to take him down. Those gunning for the Las Vegas representative, however, will find that he doesn’t go down without a fight. On unreleased cut Behind Enemy Lines, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the freestyle series alum taunts his competition: “How you gon’ kill me, killer? / I’m not afraid to die, but I’m afraid to give up.” Here, beatsmith S.B.‘s action-packed blend of clattering percussion, choral keyboard voices and 8-bit synths set the stage for lyrical imagery ripped straight from a marathon Call of Duty session, mixed with electic, referential wit: “They just preach, their followers dead like People’s Temple / So watch out—snipers after your head like people’s temples.” Does this jam leave you amped and ready for battle? While Enemy Lines isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those digging it can keep it locked for all the latest from Marion Write.
Written by richard on 10/25/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Move" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.