Turn down the lights, pour a drink and cue up the Boyz II Men, it’s break-up time again. Speaking from recent experience, ending a relationship (or having it end on you) comes with some heavy emotional realizations, one of the strongest being “So what’s next?” While Mario Winans’ isn’t expressing his heartache by standing outside in the rain with a boom box a la John Cusack, he did decide to help heal the pain of a lost love through song. The Grammy nominated Detroit native, who’s the son of gospel legend Vickie Winans, also did his own production for this track, putting the kind of up-tempo beat behind his soulful vocals that aren’t usually seen in such a somber ballad (never has moving on sounded so good). While Winans’ currently untitled next project isn’t set to drop until September of this year, he is participating in the Dream Big Artist Showcase tour, starting in February and coming soon to a city near you. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 01/25/10
Submit your Rating
Rio World Music/Atlantic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Away" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.