If my walls could talk they’d probably say something like, “Nathan S. spends a lot of time sitting around and writing about hip-hop.” Luckily, Mario’s walls have a lot more interesting material to report on, namely some after the lights go off activities from a certain fine female. Continuing Mario’s recent trend of furniture/construction related titles (see previous release My Bed), The Walls is everything we’ve come to expect from the always smooth singer. Bedroom burner mainstay Rico Love provides the production backdrop, interlocking snaps and beating percussion with some atmospheric bass and rolling bass lines. It’s exactly the kind of beat Mario’s been lacing with his always on point vocals for years, and Walls are no different. If I’m being honest, as good as it is, the not-as-punchline-heavy-as-usual verse from Fabolous feels superfluous (thanks Thesaurus.com!), but I’m sure plenty of commenters below will disagree; have at it. Regardless, it’s a hell of a way to keep Mario’s march towards his fifth studio album moving towards both a solid title and release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)