If my walls could talk they’d probably say something like, “Nathan S. spends a lot of time sitting around and writing about hip-hop.” Luckily, Mario’s walls have a lot more interesting material to report on, namely some after the lights go off activities from a certain fine female. Continuing Mario’s recent trend of furniture/construction related titles (see previous release My Bed), The Walls is everything we’ve come to expect from the always smooth singer. Bedroom burner mainstay Rico Love provides the production backdrop, interlocking snaps and beating percussion with some atmospheric bass and rolling bass lines. It’s exactly the kind of beat Mario’s been lacing with his always on point vocals for years, and Walls are no different. If I’m being honest, as good as it is, the not-as-punchline-heavy-as-usual verse from Fabolous feels superfluous (thanks Thesaurus.com!), but I’m sure plenty of commenters below will disagree; have at it. Regardless, it’s a hell of a way to keep Mario’s march towards his fifth studio album moving towards both a solid title and release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.