If my walls could talk they’d probably say something like, “Nathan S. spends a lot of time sitting around and writing about hip-hop.” Luckily, Mario’s walls have a lot more interesting material to report on, namely some after the lights go off activities from a certain fine female. Continuing Mario’s recent trend of furniture/construction related titles (see previous release My Bed), The Walls is everything we’ve come to expect from the always smooth singer. Bedroom burner mainstay Rico Love provides the production backdrop, interlocking snaps and beating percussion with some atmospheric bass and rolling bass lines. It’s exactly the kind of beat Mario’s been lacing with his always on point vocals for years, and Walls are no different. If I’m being honest, as good as it is, the not-as-punchline-heavy-as-usual verse from Fabolous feels superfluous (thanks Thesaurus.com!), but I’m sure plenty of commenters below will disagree; have at it. Regardless, it’s a hell of a way to keep Mario’s march towards his fifth studio album moving towards both a solid title and release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/11
Submit your Rating
Rivers Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.