If my walls could talk they’d probably say something like, “Nathan S. spends a lot of time sitting around and writing about hip-hop.” Luckily, Mario’s walls have a lot more interesting material to report on, namely some after the lights go off activities from a certain fine female. Continuing Mario’s recent trend of furniture/construction related titles (see previous release My Bed), The Walls is everything we’ve come to expect from the always smooth singer. Bedroom burner mainstay Rico Love provides the production backdrop, interlocking snaps and beating percussion with some atmospheric bass and rolling bass lines. It’s exactly the kind of beat Mario’s been lacing with his always on point vocals for years, and Walls are no different. If I’m being honest, as good as it is, the not-as-punchline-heavy-as-usual verse from Fabolous feels superfluous (thanks Thesaurus.com!), but I’m sure plenty of commenters below will disagree; have at it. Regardless, it’s a hell of a way to keep Mario’s march towards his fifth studio album moving towards both a solid title and release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.