If my walls could talk they’d probably say something like, “Nathan S. spends a lot of time sitting around and writing about hip-hop.” Luckily, Mario’s walls have a lot more interesting material to report on, namely some after the lights go off activities from a certain fine female. Continuing Mario’s recent trend of furniture/construction related titles (see previous release My Bed), The Walls is everything we’ve come to expect from the always smooth singer. Bedroom burner mainstay Rico Love provides the production backdrop, interlocking snaps and beating percussion with some atmospheric bass and rolling bass lines. It’s exactly the kind of beat Mario’s been lacing with his always on point vocals for years, and Walls are no different. If I’m being honest, as good as it is, the not-as-punchline-heavy-as-usual verse from Fabolous feels superfluous (thanks Thesaurus.com!), but I’m sure plenty of commenters below will disagree; have at it. Regardless, it’s a hell of a way to keep Mario’s march towards his fifth studio album moving towards both a solid title and release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.