Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I’m a terrible liar, and that whenever I try to deceive someone, it ends up being much more comical than underhanded. So with that said, we have Mario’s latest single, Ohh Baby, which will go down in history as being his magnum opus, even better than Break Up and Let Me Love You combined. Alright, I admit that lie wasn’t hard to spot, but it is a solid effort. With tons of radio appeal that even Mario acknowledges at the song’s outset, Ohh Baby has the crooner flirting with his girl over a cheerful, slowly pulsing, Jackpot Music-provided beat. Lyrically and even production-wise, Mario isn’t exploring any new territory here, but he’s gotten this far obviously knowing how to keep his fans satisfied. But those fans are the only ones who will be satisfied, because if you’re not feeling Mario by now, this song likely won’t convert you. If you are, though, Baby can be found on Mario’s latest LP D.N.A., which is available now.
Written by Matty K on 04/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)