Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I’m a terrible liar, and that whenever I try to deceive someone, it ends up being much more comical than underhanded. So with that said, we have Mario’s latest single, Ohh Baby, which will go down in history as being his magnum opus, even better than Break Up and Let Me Love You combined. Alright, I admit that lie wasn’t hard to spot, but it is a solid effort. With tons of radio appeal that even Mario acknowledges at the song’s outset, Ohh Baby has the crooner flirting with his girl over a cheerful, slowly pulsing, Jackpot Music-provided beat. Lyrically and even production-wise, Mario isn’t exploring any new territory here, but he’s gotten this far obviously knowing how to keep his fans satisfied. But those fans are the only ones who will be satisfied, because if you’re not feeling Mario by now, this song likely won’t convert you. If you are, though, Baby can be found on Mario’s latest LP D.N.A., which is available now.
Written by Matty K on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.