Anyone who knows me well can tell you that I’m a terrible liar, and that whenever I try to deceive someone, it ends up being much more comical than underhanded. So with that said, we have Mario’s latest single, Ohh Baby, which will go down in history as being his magnum opus, even better than Break Up and Let Me Love You combined. Alright, I admit that lie wasn’t hard to spot, but it is a solid effort. With tons of radio appeal that even Mario acknowledges at the song’s outset, Ohh Baby has the crooner flirting with his girl over a cheerful, slowly pulsing, Jackpot Music-provided beat. Lyrically and even production-wise, Mario isn’t exploring any new territory here, but he’s gotten this far obviously knowing how to keep his fans satisfied. But those fans are the only ones who will be satisfied, because if you’re not feeling Mario by now, this song likely won’t convert you. If you are, though, Baby can be found on Mario’s latest LP D.N.A., which is available now.
Written by Matty K on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.