After his upcoming album, Go!, got pushed back until August 21, Mario used the same strategy as Omarion, Bobby Valentino, and Fabolous to revive a buzz for his album: put out a Timbaland production as a possible next single. The single in question, No Definition, has Mario singing about his troubled relationship, while asking his girl to trust that he can make it better (much like Ice Box, but not exactly as melodramatic.) The beat mixes Timbo’s old style (percussions) with his new style (synthesizers), in a manner which should please older fans as well as the newer ones. This Timbo beat has potential on the radio and at the clubs, but will it be big enough to prevent Mario’s album from being pushed back again? August 21st will provide more insight.
Written by Burmy on 07/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.