Has the daily grind got you beat? Need a little time to get away from it all? Well, you may want to consider booking a trip to sunny…Mario‘s bed. It may not be the most traditional vacation destination but, as the singer explains on his latest feature, there’s “a lot to do,” the liquor’s ever-flowing, and there’s always a spot open—no reservations required! (Offer applies to females only). Single numero uno off the singer’s fifth LP, My Bed mixes the hypnotic hit appeal of Break Up with all the glittering harmonies and catchy melody of his less outré pop bangers. Christopher “Deep” Henderson and Tony “Chef Tone” Scales establish a uniquely infectious vibe behind the boards, blending pitch-shifted tape loops, bumping bass and plenty of chanted ‘Ayy‘s; Mario delivers a vocal performance to match, showing off his rapid vocal cadences as he lures a model-esque female clubgoer back to his crib, sweetening the deal with promises of all the “Ace of Spade, Ciroc with that lemonade [and] Patron shots” she can drink. If you’ve been seduced by this smooth selection, keep it locked—the artist’s latest album has yet to receive a drop date or a title, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/26/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.