Has the daily grind got you beat? Need a little time to get away from it all? Well, you may want to consider booking a trip to sunny…Mario‘s bed. It may not be the most traditional vacation destination but, as the singer explains on his latest feature, there’s “a lot to do,” the liquor’s ever-flowing, and there’s always a spot open—no reservations required! (Offer applies to females only). Single numero uno off the singer’s fifth LP, My Bed mixes the hypnotic hit appeal of Break Up with all the glittering harmonies and catchy melody of his less outré pop bangers. Christopher “Deep” Henderson and Tony “Chef Tone” Scales establish a uniquely infectious vibe behind the boards, blending pitch-shifted tape loops, bumping bass and plenty of chanted ‘Ayy‘s; Mario delivers a vocal performance to match, showing off his rapid vocal cadences as he lures a model-esque female clubgoer back to his crib, sweetening the deal with promises of all the “Ace of Spade, Ciroc with that lemonade [and] Patron shots” she can drink. If you’ve been seduced by this smooth selection, keep it locked—the artist’s latest album has yet to receive a drop date or a title, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.