Just what is it that draws Mario back to that certain woman time and time again? A certain je ne sais quoi, a special something—as the R&B vet puts it on his latest single, she’s “...got that KILLA.” Originally released to the ‘net back in September but presented here in its final, mixed/mastered version, this freshly-released single and potential album inclusion finds beatsmith Glass John pairing delicate piano chords with a slow-chugging percussion rhythm and ringing keys as the 3rd Street/RCA crooner spays tribute to a woman whose love has become his addiction. Is KILLA a worthy addition to Mario’s repertoire of low-key burners? As always,the final verdict is yours to make. Either way, keep it locked for details on Maino’s fifth studio album, Restoration, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in 2013.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
Rivers Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.