Just what is it that draws Mario back to that certain woman time and time again? A certain je ne sais quoi, a special something—as the R&B vet puts it on his latest single, she’s “...got that KILLA.” Originally released to the ‘net back in September but presented here in its final, mixed/mastered version, this freshly-released single and potential album inclusion finds beatsmith Glass John pairing delicate piano chords with a slow-chugging percussion rhythm and ringing keys as the 3rd Street/RCA crooner spays tribute to a woman whose love has become his addiction. Is KILLA a worthy addition to Mario’s repertoire of low-key burners? As always,the final verdict is yours to make. Either way, keep it locked for details on Maino’s fifth studio album, Restoration, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in 2013.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.