Just what is it that draws Mario back to that certain woman time and time again? A certain je ne sais quoi, a special something—as the R&B vet puts it on his latest single, she’s “...got that KILLA.” Originally released to the ‘net back in September but presented here in its final, mixed/mastered version, this freshly-released single and potential album inclusion finds beatsmith Glass John pairing delicate piano chords with a slow-chugging percussion rhythm and ringing keys as the 3rd Street/RCA crooner spays tribute to a woman whose love has become his addiction. Is KILLA a worthy addition to Mario’s repertoire of low-key burners? As always,the final verdict is yours to make. Either way, keep it locked for details on Maino’s fifth studio album, Restoration, which is scheduled to hit stores sometime in 2013.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)