Crashing your car into a concrete divider, blithely walking into an open manhole, clocking yourself on a low ceiling while descending a long staircase—there are countless ways you can meet your demise when you’re not paying attention to your surroundings. Though R&B mainstay Mario normally keeps his head in the game, lately he’s been running the risk of a Fatal Distraction, due to intrusive thoughts of a certain woman. Over Bink!‘s simmering synth grooves, he confesses, “All I can think of is hearing you scream my name,” and frets that his erotic fantasies will ultimately lead him to his doom. Fans will be able to find this moody, sensual jam, along with previous single Somebody Else and much more, on Mario’s Evolve LP, dropping this fall via 3rd St/RCA.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.