Crashing your car into a concrete divider, blithely walking into an open manhole, clocking yourself on a low ceiling while descending a long staircase—there are countless ways you can meet your demise when you’re not paying attention to your surroundings. Though R&B mainstay Mario normally keeps his head in the game, lately he’s been running the risk of a Fatal Distraction, due to intrusive thoughts of a certain woman. Over Bink!‘s simmering synth grooves, he confesses, “All I can think of is hearing you scream my name,” and frets that his erotic fantasies will ultimately lead him to his doom. Fans will be able to find this moody, sensual jam, along with previous single Somebody Else and much more, on Mario’s Evolve LP, dropping this fall via 3rd St/RCA.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.