There’s a reason they call it falling in love: it happens in a snap when you least expect it, makes you look f**king ridiculous and is liable to leave cuts and bruises if you’re not careful. Ever the gentleman, however, Mario goes the extra mile to ensure the object of his affection doesn’t take a nasty spill on his latest effort, tentative mixtape inclusion Falling Down. Backed by the tried-and-true guitar/synth grooves of frequent collaborator Rico Love, the R&B heavyweight promises to have the lucky female floating on cloud nine by the time Cupid’s arrow makes its fateful impact: “You don’t have to make a move, just lay in the air and I’ll be right there, right there next to you…” And she doesn’t need to worry about being unceremoniously dumped when he loses interest—as the 3rd Street/RCA crooner goes on to explain, he’s committed to being there for her, “...all night, all day, all of [her] life.” Mario’s forthcoming street album, Truth Be Told, still lacks a release date. Keep your browsers locked on The DJBooth for the latest on that project, as well as on the singer’s next studio album, Restoration, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 01/29/12
Submit your Rating
Rivers Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.