Sweeping love ballads have been a pop radio mainstay for, well, as long as I can remember, and Marina Chello, the first signee to Bad Boy President Harve Pierre’s Crazy Joint label imprint, is hoping to parlay that time-tested formula into a debut single (and first Booth feature) that will kick her musical career off with a bang. Tired of waiting on the Sideline, Chello shows off her pipes as she pours her heart out to a man who seems to no longer share her passion. While the record as a whole is nothing we haven’t heard before, the NYC native’s own breathless backing vocals, as well as an inspired bridge make for a catchy, hummable tune, and producers Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger‘s brassy synths give the instrumental a gently unconventional feel. Chello’s debut LP, What’s Done Is Done, is currently set to drop June 2nd; here’s hoping this single gives her the momentum she needs to step out from the Sideline and into the limelight.
Written by richard on 03/3/09
Submit your Rating
Crazy Joint/Bad Boy Ent
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.