On her DJBooth debut, Marian Mereba gets personal; not for lack of trying, but the Philly songstress hasn’t found her other (better) half, and thus hasn’t heard those Magic Words. I suspect she won’t have too much trouble for too much longer, though, because listeners are sure to fall in love after just one note of her truly angelic vocals. Over her own gentle guitar strumming, Mereba, supported by India Shawn (who also co-wrote the record), gives a superb vocal performance. Her strength comes from singing with emotion and feeling, but still staying within herself atop the airy instrumental. For more stellar cuts, be sure to scoop up her Room For Living EP, available now via her Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Famo Since 1991
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Goodnight (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.