On her DJBooth debut, Marian Mereba gets personal; not for lack of trying, but the Philly songstress hasn’t found her other (better) half, and thus hasn’t heard those Magic Words. I suspect she won’t have too much trouble for too much longer, though, because listeners are sure to fall in love after just one note of her truly angelic vocals. Over her own gentle guitar strumming, Mereba, supported by India Shawn (who also co-wrote the record), gives a superb vocal performance. Her strength comes from singing with emotion and feeling, but still staying within herself atop the airy instrumental. For more stellar cuts, be sure to scoop up her Room For Living EP, available now via her Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Famo Since 1991
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Goodnight (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.