On her DJBooth debut, Marian Mereba gets personal; not for lack of trying, but the Philly songstress hasn’t found her other (better) half, and thus hasn’t heard those Magic Words. I suspect she won’t have too much trouble for too much longer, though, because listeners are sure to fall in love after just one note of her truly angelic vocals. Over her own gentle guitar strumming, Mereba, supported by India Shawn (who also co-wrote the record), gives a superb vocal performance. Her strength comes from singing with emotion and feeling, but still staying within herself atop the airy instrumental. For more stellar cuts, be sure to scoop up her Room For Living EP, available now via her Bandcamp.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
Famo Since 1991
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Goodnight (Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.