Mariami is willing to sacrifice many things for love, but you won’t catch her giving up her pride. Hailing from Tbilisi, Georgia—the country, not the state—the unsigned R&B singer showcases her steadfast devotion to her principles as well as her smooth, jazz-inflected sound on newly-released promo single and DJBooth debut I Cried. Bae Bro handles production on this low-key selection, layering leisurely guitar and atmospheric synth-strings over a mid-tempo rhythm section as the songstress recounts her struggle to stay true to the memory of an old flame, without losing herself in the process. Those who like what they’re hearing can cop I Cried now on iTunes, as well as keeping their browsers locked for further song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.