Mariami is willing to sacrifice many things for love, but you won’t catch her giving up her pride. Hailing from Tbilisi, Georgia—the country, not the state—the unsigned R&B singer showcases her steadfast devotion to her principles as well as her smooth, jazz-inflected sound on newly-released promo single and DJBooth debut I Cried. Bae Bro handles production on this low-key selection, layering leisurely guitar and atmospheric synth-strings over a mid-tempo rhythm section as the songstress recounts her struggle to stay true to the memory of an old flame, without losing herself in the process. Those who like what they’re hearing can cop I Cried now on iTunes, as well as keeping their browsers locked for further song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.