Mariami is willing to sacrifice many things for love, but you won’t catch her giving up her pride. Hailing from Tbilisi, Georgia—the country, not the state—the unsigned R&B singer showcases her steadfast devotion to her principles as well as her smooth, jazz-inflected sound on newly-released promo single and DJBooth debut I Cried. Bae Bro handles production on this low-key selection, layering leisurely guitar and atmospheric synth-strings over a mid-tempo rhythm section as the songstress recounts her struggle to stay true to the memory of an old flame, without losing herself in the process. Those who like what they’re hearing can cop I Cried now on iTunes, as well as keeping their browsers locked for further song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 01/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.