Not glimpsed on our pages since February of 2013, when she earned reader approval for an intimate, live-band rendition of single Nanina, unsigned R&B songstress Mariami makes her return to the Booth with the first single off her next full-length. While the cut’s title, Gates (Georgia on my Mind), might lead you to expect an ode to the singer’s home state, it’s a certain man who seems to be foremost in her mental. Over McCallaman‘s blissfully mellow keys, Mariami fantasizes about the journeys she and her main squeeze could take together, telling him, “My life ain’t worth the f**kin’ stress if you ain’t in it.” The album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a release date but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.