Not glimpsed on our pages since February of 2013, when she earned reader approval for an intimate, live-band rendition of single Nanina, unsigned R&B songstress Mariami makes her return to the Booth with the first single off her next full-length. While the cut’s title, Gates (Georgia on my Mind), might lead you to expect an ode to the singer’s home state, it’s a certain man who seems to be foremost in her mental. Over McCallaman‘s blissfully mellow keys, Mariami fantasizes about the journeys she and her main squeeze could take together, telling him, “My life ain’t worth the f**kin’ stress if you ain’t in it.” The album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a release date but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.