Not glimpsed on our pages since February of 2013, when she earned reader approval for an intimate, live-band rendition of single Nanina, unsigned R&B songstress Mariami makes her return to the Booth with the first single off her next full-length. While the cut’s title, Gates (Georgia on my Mind), might lead you to expect an ode to the singer’s home state, it’s a certain man who seems to be foremost in her mental. Over McCallaman‘s blissfully mellow keys, Mariami fantasizes about the journeys she and her main squeeze could take together, telling him, “My life ain’t worth the f**kin’ stress if you ain’t in it.” The album to which this joint is attached has yet to receive either a title or a release date but, rest assured, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)