When god closes a door, he opens a window. People come and go like seasons. Every cloud has a silver lining. But enough with these hokey sayings, I’ll just let Mariami give you all the inspiration you need to get back up after a fall. On Best Friend, the Georgia (the country, not the state) native refuses to let the end of a relationship phase her. With her soulful, casual approach she lets listeners know how she plans to take her time reinventing herself and becoming a better person. This inspirational message, her cool style, and the smooth, breezy instrumental from Tito Tunes should make Best Friend a go-to record for whenever you’re having a rough day; it’d be hard to leave a listening session without a smile. If you’d like to hear more from this eclectic, Brooklyn-based artist check out her last Booth feature, January’s Gates (Georgia on My Mind).
Update: We have added the Jake Remington-directed visuals for Mariami’s Best Friend single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.