When god closes a door, he opens a window. People come and go like seasons. Every cloud has a silver lining. But enough with these hokey sayings, I’ll just let Mariami give you all the inspiration you need to get back up after a fall. On Best Friend, the Georgia (the country, not the state) native refuses to let the end of a relationship phase her. With her soulful, casual approach she lets listeners know how she plans to take her time reinventing herself and becoming a better person. This inspirational message, her cool style, and the smooth, breezy instrumental from Tito Tunes should make Best Friend a go-to record for whenever you’re having a rough day; it’d be hard to leave a listening session without a smile. If you’d like to hear more from this eclectic, Brooklyn-based artist check out her last Booth feature, January’s Gates (Georgia on My Mind).
Update: We have added the Jake Remington-directed visuals for Mariami’s Best Friend single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/31/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.