When god closes a door, he opens a window. People come and go like seasons. Every cloud has a silver lining. But enough with these hokey sayings, I’ll just let Mariami give you all the inspiration you need to get back up after a fall. On Best Friend, the Georgia (the country, not the state) native refuses to let the end of a relationship phase her. With her soulful, casual approach she lets listeners know how she plans to take her time reinventing herself and becoming a better person. This inspirational message, her cool style, and the smooth, breezy instrumental from Tito Tunes should make Best Friend a go-to record for whenever you’re having a rough day; it’d be hard to leave a listening session without a smile. If you’d like to hear more from this eclectic, Brooklyn-based artist check out her last Booth feature, January’s Gates (Georgia on My Mind).
Update: We have added the Jake Remington-directed visuals for Mariami’s Best Friend single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.