Rather than waiting to liberate her latest single’s official remix, pop hitmaker Mariah Carey decided to unleash both renditions of You’re Mine (Eternal) simultaneously. We in the Booth featured the album version on Valentine’s Day, but we decided to hold off on its Trey Songz-assisted counterpart until the official visuals had dropped. As it turned out, they weren’t far behind. Directed by Indrani, the newly-released clip features Songz pining shirtlessly for the glitter-coated Mariah, who we see swimming in diaphanous garb and lounging topless in an enchanted forest. On the musical tip, Trigga’s rapid-fire guest verses bring some much-needed energy to the Rodney Jerkins-produced ballad, which failed to excite Booth readers the first time around. Has the remix surpassed its prototype? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. In any case, keep it locked for the latest leading up to the May 6, arrival of Mimi’s 14th full-length, which is currently untitled.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.