Just in time for Valentine’s Day, R&B megastar Mariah Carey returns with the follow-up to Billboard #1 hit #Beautiful. Contrary to what you might expect from the title and candy heart-inspired promo art, You’re Mine, this joint doesn’t find Carey professing her Eternal love to a man who currently in her life, but pining after the one that got away. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production, layering understated keyboard arpeggios over a gentle rhythm section as Mimi revisits rose-colored memories of her relationship with the man in question. On the back, the singer busts out some of her trademark vocal pyrotechnics, vaulting up to staggering heights for the record’s final note. Both this single and the remix co-starring Trey Songz were released to radio today. Watch for Mariah’s still-untitled 14th album to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.