Just in time for Valentine’s Day, R&B megastar Mariah Carey returns with the follow-up to Billboard #1 hit #Beautiful. Contrary to what you might expect from the title and candy heart-inspired promo art, You’re Mine, this joint doesn’t find Carey professing her Eternal love to a man who currently in her life, but pining after the one that got away. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production, layering understated keyboard arpeggios over a gentle rhythm section as Mimi revisits rose-colored memories of her relationship with the man in question. On the back, the singer busts out some of her trademark vocal pyrotechnics, vaulting up to staggering heights for the record’s final note. Both this single and the remix co-starring Trey Songz were released to radio today. Watch for Mariah’s still-untitled 14th album to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.