Just in time for Valentine’s Day, R&B megastar Mariah Carey returns with the follow-up to Billboard #1 hit #Beautiful. Contrary to what you might expect from the title and candy heart-inspired promo art, You’re Mine, this joint doesn’t find Carey professing her Eternal love to a man who currently in her life, but pining after the one that got away. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production, layering understated keyboard arpeggios over a gentle rhythm section as Mimi revisits rose-colored memories of her relationship with the man in question. On the back, the singer busts out some of her trademark vocal pyrotechnics, vaulting up to staggering heights for the record’s final note. Both this single and the remix co-starring Trey Songz were released to radio today. Watch for Mariah’s still-untitled 14th album to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.