Just in time for Valentine’s Day, R&B megastar Mariah Carey returns with the follow-up to Billboard #1 hit #Beautiful. Contrary to what you might expect from the title and candy heart-inspired promo art, You’re Mine, this joint doesn’t find Carey professing her Eternal love to a man who currently in her life, but pining after the one that got away. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production, layering understated keyboard arpeggios over a gentle rhythm section as Mimi revisits rose-colored memories of her relationship with the man in question. On the back, the singer busts out some of her trademark vocal pyrotechnics, vaulting up to staggering heights for the record’s final note. Both this single and the remix co-starring Trey Songz were released to radio today. Watch for Mariah’s still-untitled 14th album to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.