Just in time for Valentine’s Day, R&B megastar Mariah Carey returns with the follow-up to Billboard #1 hit #Beautiful. Contrary to what you might expect from the title and candy heart-inspired promo art, You’re Mine, this joint doesn’t find Carey professing her Eternal love to a man who currently in her life, but pining after the one that got away. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins handles production, layering understated keyboard arpeggios over a gentle rhythm section as Mimi revisits rose-colored memories of her relationship with the man in question. On the back, the singer busts out some of her trademark vocal pyrotechnics, vaulting up to staggering heights for the record’s final note. Both this single and the remix co-starring Trey Songz were released to radio today. Watch for Mariah’s still-untitled 14th album to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Island Def Jam/Universal Music Group.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.