Now this is the part where I would normally say, “Gee whiz! Mariah Carey on a record with Meek and Ross? How unexpected!” Then I suddenly flashed back to Fantasy, the singer’s 1995 collab with ODB, and realized that no MC collaboration would ever top that when it comes to shock factor. For such a major release - the singer’s last non-holiday song was released back in 2009 - the addition of MMG heavyweights Rick Ross and Meek Mill on Triumphant (Get ‘Em) is pretty darn ideal. Carey takes on the songs hook with her usual powerhouse vocals as she encourages listeners to “reach for the stars” and “be all that you are.” Keeping with the epicness of Triumphant (Get ‘Em) is production from both Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox, whose bass-heavy, piano-laced production adds to the spirited vibe of the song. Triumphant (Get ‘Em) will be featured on Mariah Carey’s forthcoming album, but as of now a title and release date have yet to be revealed.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.