There’s no point playing it cool when you’re dealing with a woman like Mariah Carey. The pop songstress can spot a Thirsty man a mile away. The follow-up to February’s You’re Mine (Eternal), Mimi’s latest single is dedicated to an ex who’s been eyeing her like a man stranded in the desert would a glass of water. Rather than responding to his advances with a yes or no, she decides to take advantage of her leverage and toy with him a bit. Hit-Boy showcases his creativity behind the boards, basing his instrumental around a hypnotic, looped vocal sample, and ATL phenom Rich Homie Quan provides vocal support on the hook. An enjoyable change of pace from the singer’s recent ballads, this joint will be found on Carey’s 14th studio album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Keep it locked for further singles off the project, due out May 27, via Island Records.
Written by richard on 05/13/14
Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.