There’s no point playing it cool when you’re dealing with a woman like Mariah Carey. The pop songstress can spot a Thirsty man a mile away. The follow-up to February’s You’re Mine (Eternal), Mimi’s latest single is dedicated to an ex who’s been eyeing her like a man stranded in the desert would a glass of water. Rather than responding to his advances with a yes or no, she decides to take advantage of her leverage and toy with him a bit. Hit-Boy showcases his creativity behind the boards, basing his instrumental around a hypnotic, looped vocal sample, and ATL phenom Rich Homie Quan provides vocal support on the hook. An enjoyable change of pace from the singer’s recent ballads, this joint will be found on Carey’s 14th studio album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Keep it locked for further singles off the project, due out May 27, via Island Records.
Written by richard on 05/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.