There’s no point playing it cool when you’re dealing with a woman like Mariah Carey. The pop songstress can spot a Thirsty man a mile away. The follow-up to February’s You’re Mine (Eternal), Mimi’s latest single is dedicated to an ex who’s been eyeing her like a man stranded in the desert would a glass of water. Rather than responding to his advances with a yes or no, she decides to take advantage of her leverage and toy with him a bit. Hit-Boy showcases his creativity behind the boards, basing his instrumental around a hypnotic, looped vocal sample, and ATL phenom Rich Homie Quan provides vocal support on the hook. An enjoyable change of pace from the singer’s recent ballads, this joint will be found on Carey’s 14th studio album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Keep it locked for further singles off the project, due out May 27, via Island Records.
Written by richard on 05/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.