There’s no point playing it cool when you’re dealing with a woman like Mariah Carey. The pop songstress can spot a Thirsty man a mile away. The follow-up to February’s You’re Mine (Eternal), Mimi’s latest single is dedicated to an ex who’s been eyeing her like a man stranded in the desert would a glass of water. Rather than responding to his advances with a yes or no, she decides to take advantage of her leverage and toy with him a bit. Hit-Boy showcases his creativity behind the boards, basing his instrumental around a hypnotic, looped vocal sample, and ATL phenom Rich Homie Quan provides vocal support on the hook. An enjoyable change of pace from the singer’s recent ballads, this joint will be found on Carey’s 14th studio album, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Keep it locked for further singles off the project, due out May 27, via Island Records.
Written by richard on 05/13/14
Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)