Few experiences suck more profoundly than clinging to the wreckage as a relationship falls apart around you. To avoid that pain next time, you’ve gotta do as Mariah Carey does on the title track off her next full-length, and learn The Art of Letting Go. On this stirring breakup ballad, follow-up to the Miguel-assisted #Beautiful, Mimi shows us how it’s done; not only does she tell her ex that it’s over (“I no longer live in your dominion.”), she proves it by dumping his possessions out the kitchen window and deleting him from her phone. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins mans the boards, crafting an understated, string-laced instrumental that builds to an explosive climax. Carey’s 14th studio album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.