Few experiences suck more profoundly than clinging to the wreckage as a relationship falls apart around you. To avoid that pain next time, you’ve gotta do as Mariah Carey does on the title track off her next full-length, and learn The Art of Letting Go. On this stirring breakup ballad, follow-up to the Miguel-assisted #Beautiful, Mimi shows us how it’s done; not only does she tell her ex that it’s over (“I no longer live in your dominion.”), she proves it by dumping his possessions out the kitchen window and deleting him from her phone. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins mans the boards, crafting an understated, string-laced instrumental that builds to an explosive climax. Carey’s 14th studio album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.