Few experiences suck more profoundly than clinging to the wreckage as a relationship falls apart around you. To avoid that pain next time, you’ve gotta do as Mariah Carey does on the title track off her next full-length, and learn The Art of Letting Go. On this stirring breakup ballad, follow-up to the Miguel-assisted #Beautiful, Mimi shows us how it’s done; not only does she tell her ex that it’s over (“I no longer live in your dominion.”), she proves it by dumping his possessions out the kitchen window and deleting him from her phone. Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins mans the boards, crafting an understated, string-laced instrumental that builds to an explosive climax. Carey’s 14th studio album currently lacks a drop date but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 11/11/13
Most recording artists never release a debut album. Those who are lucky enough to release a debut usually fail in an attempt to make it to a second release. And so on and so forth. Simply put, longevity is an extremely rare...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.