Now that Mariah Carey isn’t busy honeymooning with Nick Cannon, beefing with Eminem or flaunting her considerable…um…assets on Macy’s commercials, she’s back to doing what she does best, making hits with her new track Ribbon. (Mrs. Carey has more number one singles than anyone in history, except for the Beatles.) Over some typically electronically soaked production from The-Dream and Tricky Stewart – Mariah even tries out a couple of Dream’s signature “a”s – Mariah delivers yet another track for fans to hyperventilate over. Do Mariah’s vocals work as well with The-Dream’s production style as it did with Jermaine Dupri’s bouncing, up-tempo beats? That’s for the DJBooth to decide. While not an official single, expect Ribbon to generate some serious buzz for her upcoming album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, set to drop September, 29.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)