Now that Mariah Carey isn’t busy honeymooning with Nick Cannon, beefing with Eminem or flaunting her considerable…um…assets on Macy’s commercials, she’s back to doing what she does best, making hits with her new track Ribbon. (Mrs. Carey has more number one singles than anyone in history, except for the Beatles.) Over some typically electronically soaked production from The-Dream and Tricky Stewart – Mariah even tries out a couple of Dream’s signature “a”s – Mariah delivers yet another track for fans to hyperventilate over. Do Mariah’s vocals work as well with The-Dream’s production style as it did with Jermaine Dupri’s bouncing, up-tempo beats? That’s for the DJBooth to decide. While not an official single, expect Ribbon to generate some serious buzz for her upcoming album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, set to drop September, 29.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.