Though E=MC² went platinum and spawned the #1 hit single Touch My Body, its performance was immensely disappointing by Mariah Carey standards. Moving onward in spite of that setback, Mimi is scheduled to drop her follow-up, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, a mere 16 months later. On her latest single, Mariah airs her grievances with a man who seems to be madly Obsessed with her, singing over a Toomp-esque beat by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart (reminiscent of DJ Drama‘s Tipper Love). Many have speculated this song’s target to be be none other than Slim Shady, who claimed to have had a romantic affair with Mariah on Relapse track Bagpipes From Baghdad (notice the “it must be the weed/it must be the E” line and The-Dream‘s “Will the real MC please…” intro). In any case, expect this record to bring the singer one step closer to that #1 singles record (right now she’s two behind The Beatles), and renew the public’s longstanding MC Obsession in anticipation of Angel‘s August 29th release.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.