Though E=MC² went platinum and spawned the #1 hit single Touch My Body, its performance was immensely disappointing by Mariah Carey standards. Moving onward in spite of that setback, Mimi is scheduled to drop her follow-up, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, a mere 16 months later. On her latest single, Mariah airs her grievances with a man who seems to be madly Obsessed with her, singing over a Toomp-esque beat by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart (reminiscent of DJ Drama‘s Tipper Love). Many have speculated this song’s target to be be none other than Slim Shady, who claimed to have had a romantic affair with Mariah on Relapse track Bagpipes From Baghdad (notice the “it must be the weed/it must be the E” line and The-Dream‘s “Will the real MC please…” intro). In any case, expect this record to bring the singer one step closer to that #1 singles record (right now she’s two behind The Beatles), and renew the public’s longstanding MC Obsession in anticipation of Angel‘s August 29th release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!