Though E=MC² went platinum and spawned the #1 hit single Touch My Body, its performance was immensely disappointing by Mariah Carey standards. Moving onward in spite of that setback, Mimi is scheduled to drop her follow-up, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, a mere 16 months later. On her latest single, Mariah airs her grievances with a man who seems to be madly Obsessed with her, singing over a Toomp-esque beat by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart (reminiscent of DJ Drama‘s Tipper Love). Many have speculated this song’s target to be be none other than Slim Shady, who claimed to have had a romantic affair with Mariah on Relapse track Bagpipes From Baghdad (notice the “it must be the weed/it must be the E” line and The-Dream‘s “Will the real MC please…” intro). In any case, expect this record to bring the singer one step closer to that #1 singles record (right now she’s two behind The Beatles), and renew the public’s longstanding MC Obsession in anticipation of Angel‘s August 29th release.
Written by Burmy on 06/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)