Is any current artist more controversial among Booth readers than Nicki Minaj? To answer my own rhetorical question, no. Your feelings on the Young Money femcee will likely be the deciding factor in how you rate this remix of Mariah Carey‘s Up Out My Face, a Dream & Tricky Stewart-produced head-nodder off ‘09’s Memoirs of a Perfect Angel. This version of the cut sees Minaj bookending Carey’s silky-smooth kiss-offs with typically off-the-wall opening and closing bars, tipping the headliner off about her man’s infidelity: “...I was in the million-dollar meetings, he was cheatin’/ All up in the church, sneakin’ with the deacon.” Personally, I find the goofy accent and free-associated lyrics entertaining as hell, but our own Nathan S. disagreed over on RefinedHype, claiming that Minaj ruined the record. I’ll let you, the readers, have the final call. In any case, Mariah fans can hear more revamped versions of MoaIA tracks (and a few new cuts) on remix album Angels Advocate, due out Feb. 23.
Written by richard on 01/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.