Is any current artist more controversial among Booth readers than Nicki Minaj? To answer my own rhetorical question, no. Your feelings on the Young Money femcee will likely be the deciding factor in how you rate this remix of Mariah Carey‘s Up Out My Face, a Dream & Tricky Stewart-produced head-nodder off ‘09’s Memoirs of a Perfect Angel. This version of the cut sees Minaj bookending Carey’s silky-smooth kiss-offs with typically off-the-wall opening and closing bars, tipping the headliner off about her man’s infidelity: “...I was in the million-dollar meetings, he was cheatin’/ All up in the church, sneakin’ with the deacon.” Personally, I find the goofy accent and free-associated lyrics entertaining as hell, but our own Nathan S. disagreed over on RefinedHype, claiming that Minaj ruined the record. I’ll let you, the readers, have the final call. In any case, Mariah fans can hear more revamped versions of MoaIA tracks (and a few new cuts) on remix album Angels Advocate, due out Feb. 23.
Written by richard on 01/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.