Relationships are like prescription drugs – they always have side effects. No, that wasn’t an attempt at humor. Rather, it was an educated comparison based solely on Mariah Carey’s newest feature inside our Booth: a remixed version of the Jeezy-assisted Side Effects, which now boasts a new middle verse, compliments of Busta Rhymes. Over an uncomplicated, synthesized production from Scott Storch, Carey describes the problems she has encountered as a direct result of her past relationships. Blaming youth, inexperience and men, Carey seems strung up on her past, but Rhymes plows through the door and reminds the newlywed to forget the past and focus on the future. There is no word on whether or not Side Effects will officially be released as the next single from Carey’s platinum-plus album, E=MC².
Note: The streaming of “Side Effects (Remix)” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.