Relationships are like prescription drugs – they always have side effects. No, that wasn’t an attempt at humor. Rather, it was an educated comparison based solely on Mariah Carey’s newest feature inside our Booth: a remixed version of the Jeezy-assisted Side Effects, which now boasts a new middle verse, compliments of Busta Rhymes. Over an uncomplicated, synthesized production from Scott Storch, Carey describes the problems she has encountered as a direct result of her past relationships. Blaming youth, inexperience and men, Carey seems strung up on her past, but Rhymes plows through the door and reminds the newlywed to forget the past and focus on the future. There is no word on whether or not Side Effects will officially be released as the next single from Carey’s platinum-plus album, E=MC².
Note: The streaming of “Side Effects (Remix)” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 08/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.