Although it has been nearly two months since she released the single, the new Mrs. Nick Cannon (which is still hard to think about) refuses to say adios to her latest Stargate-produced record. Following a radio-remix with former labelmate Jay-Z, Mariah has re-remixed Bye Bye with the help of two of the largest artists in music: Akon and Lil’ Wayne. Despite the fact that the new version has plenty of star power, it is Carey who takes a back seat to her collaborators and doesn’t provide anything new in vocal-land. In their quest for E=MC2 to reach multi-platinum certification, Island Records will release the DJ Toomp-produced, I’ll Be Lovin’ U Long Time, on June 30, as the album’s third official single.
Note: The streaming of “Bye Bye (Remix)” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 06/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.