Who would have ever thought that a track by Mariah Carey called “Candy Bling” would turn out to be about hardcore sex? Sorry, just kidding. Of course Candy Bling is everything you think it’d be, a sweet and innocent ode to young love featuring Mariah’s always angelic vocals and teenage-friendly production work from The-Dream, Tricky and Los Da Mystro. For the remix Mariah brings on T-Pain for some auto-tuned goodness, and Pain responds by dropping one of the cutest verses of his career (he shockingly doesn’t even try to get anyone to take their shirt off). Still, any track that heavily samples Ahmad’s classic track Back in the Day is all right by me, and while the Candy Bling remix won’t exactly go down in history as a classic, it’s a perfectly fine, light and enjoyable musical snack. Mariah’s new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is in stores and reviewed on DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.