Who would have ever thought that a track by Mariah Carey called “Candy Bling” would turn out to be about hardcore sex? Sorry, just kidding. Of course Candy Bling is everything you think it’d be, a sweet and innocent ode to young love featuring Mariah’s always angelic vocals and teenage-friendly production work from The-Dream, Tricky and Los Da Mystro. For the remix Mariah brings on T-Pain for some auto-tuned goodness, and Pain responds by dropping one of the cutest verses of his career (he shockingly doesn’t even try to get anyone to take their shirt off). Still, any track that heavily samples Ahmad’s classic track Back in the Day is all right by me, and while the Candy Bling remix won’t exactly go down in history as a classic, it’s a perfectly fine, light and enjoyable musical snack. Mariah’s new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is in stores and reviewed on DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.