Who would have ever thought that a track by Mariah Carey called “Candy Bling” would turn out to be about hardcore sex? Sorry, just kidding. Of course Candy Bling is everything you think it’d be, a sweet and innocent ode to young love featuring Mariah’s always angelic vocals and teenage-friendly production work from The-Dream, Tricky and Los Da Mystro. For the remix Mariah brings on T-Pain for some auto-tuned goodness, and Pain responds by dropping one of the cutest verses of his career (he shockingly doesn’t even try to get anyone to take their shirt off). Still, any track that heavily samples Ahmad’s classic track Back in the Day is all right by me, and while the Candy Bling remix won’t exactly go down in history as a classic, it’s a perfectly fine, light and enjoyable musical snack. Mariah’s new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is in stores and reviewed on DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)