Who would have ever thought that a track by Mariah Carey called “Candy Bling” would turn out to be about hardcore sex? Sorry, just kidding. Of course Candy Bling is everything you think it’d be, a sweet and innocent ode to young love featuring Mariah’s always angelic vocals and teenage-friendly production work from The-Dream, Tricky and Los Da Mystro. For the remix Mariah brings on T-Pain for some auto-tuned goodness, and Pain responds by dropping one of the cutest verses of his career (he shockingly doesn’t even try to get anyone to take their shirt off). Still, any track that heavily samples Ahmad’s classic track Back in the Day is all right by me, and while the Candy Bling remix won’t exactly go down in history as a classic, it’s a perfectly fine, light and enjoyable musical snack. Mariah’s new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is in stores and reviewed on DJBooth right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.