This past summer, at a fundraising event organized by Obama’s Presidential campaign, Mariah Carey urged potential donors to help Bring It On Home with a performance of an original, previously-unreleased record. Now that it has officially been brought, the heavyweight pop songstress has decided to release the cut as a promo single for your listening pleasure. In contrast to Triumphant (Get ‘Em), the maximalist, Rick Ross/Meek Mill-assisted current single off her forthcoming LP, this cut is a stripped-down ballad designed to inspire—and, of course, to show off the singer’s much-vaunted range. Over a low-key, piano-led instrumental backdrop, the singer calls on listeners to pull together and take advantage of the strength they possess in numbers. Topped off with some of Mariah’s trademark vocal pyrotechnics, this record won’t be a part of her next album, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further details on the as yet untitled/unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.