This past summer, at a fundraising event organized by Obama’s Presidential campaign, Mariah Carey urged potential donors to help Bring It On Home with a performance of an original, previously-unreleased record. Now that it has officially been brought, the heavyweight pop songstress has decided to release the cut as a promo single for your listening pleasure. In contrast to Triumphant (Get ‘Em), the maximalist, Rick Ross/Meek Mill-assisted current single off her forthcoming LP, this cut is a stripped-down ballad designed to inspire—and, of course, to show off the singer’s much-vaunted range. Over a low-key, piano-led instrumental backdrop, the singer calls on listeners to pull together and take advantage of the strength they possess in numbers. Topped off with some of Mariah’s trademark vocal pyrotechnics, this record won’t be a part of her next album, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further details on the as yet untitled/unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.