This past summer, at a fundraising event organized by Obama’s Presidential campaign, Mariah Carey urged potential donors to help Bring It On Home with a performance of an original, previously-unreleased record. Now that it has officially been brought, the heavyweight pop songstress has decided to release the cut as a promo single for your listening pleasure. In contrast to Triumphant (Get ‘Em), the maximalist, Rick Ross/Meek Mill-assisted current single off her forthcoming LP, this cut is a stripped-down ballad designed to inspire—and, of course, to show off the singer’s much-vaunted range. Over a low-key, piano-led instrumental backdrop, the singer calls on listeners to pull together and take advantage of the strength they possess in numbers. Topped off with some of Mariah’s trademark vocal pyrotechnics, this record won’t be a part of her next album, but fans can keep their browsers locked for further details on the as yet untitled/unscheduled project.
Written by richard on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.