Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When two artists with vocal styles as powerful, yet disparate as those of pop veteran Mariah Carey and RCA Records hitmaker Miguel jump on a track together, there’s no telling what will result—but you can safely bet that it’s gonna be something #Beautiful. While Mimi gets first billing on this cut, the lead single off her next studio album, it’s clearly a team effort. The beat, a reverb-soaked throwback to classic soul, is a joint creation by the artists themselves, and the Kaleidoscope Dream crooner takes center stage for the first half of the record. Carey steps into the spotlight on verse two, turning in a vocal performance that’s electrifying even by her own lofty standards, as well as harmonizing with Miguel on the record’s chorus. Mariah Carey’s currently-untitled forthcoming full-length is scheduled for release this summer via Island Def Jam. In the meantime, fans can click here to purchase #Beautiful via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (on mobile) to view Mariah’s Joseph Kahn-directed #Beautiful visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.