Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
When two artists with vocal styles as powerful, yet disparate as those of pop veteran Mariah Carey and RCA Records hitmaker Miguel jump on a track together, there’s no telling what will result—but you can safely bet that it’s gonna be something #Beautiful. While Mimi gets first billing on this cut, the lead single off her next studio album, it’s clearly a team effort. The beat, a reverb-soaked throwback to classic soul, is a joint creation by the artists themselves, and the Kaleidoscope Dream crooner takes center stage for the first half of the record. Carey steps into the spotlight on verse two, turning in a vocal performance that’s electrifying even by her own lofty standards, as well as harmonizing with Miguel on the record’s chorus. Mariah Carey’s currently-untitled forthcoming full-length is scheduled for release this summer via Island Def Jam. In the meantime, fans can click here to purchase #Beautiful via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (on mobile) to view Mariah’s Joseph Kahn-directed #Beautiful visual.
Written by richard on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lil' L.O.V.E. ft. Mariah Carey & Bow Wow" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)